October 2020 Newsletter
LIVE WEBINAR: Why, When, and How - Migrating from NXLog Community Edition to NXLog Enterprise Edition - REGISTER NOW
We have been receiving regular inquiries on this topic so we have decided to answer all your questions in a live webinar. While the NXLog Community Edition provides much of the flexibility, lightweight footprint, and efficient performance of the NXLog engine, the NXLog Enterprise Edition offers all the needed additional enhancements, including modules and features, as well as regular hot-fixes, updates, direct professional support from NXLog and more that help enterprises solve all of their log collection needs to enhance security and compliance.
REGISTER NOW for a 30-minute webinar with Jesse Husley, Product Manager, and bring your questions to the Q&A session.
HOW NXLOG ENTERPRISE EDITION CAN HELP YOU
- Batch compress: reducing the operative and deployment cost of your SIEM
- Centralized management and monitoring of your agents
- Languages modules
- Outstanding Windows log collection capabilities
- Passive network monitoring on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Meeting compliances and standards requirements
- Support for SCADA and ICS log collection to increase network security
When? 24 November, 1 pm CDT (USA) or 25 November, 2 pm CET (EUROPE) via Zoom
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE YOUR SPOT
To be later posted on our YouTube channel. Subscribe today to keep track of our activities and new how-tos and announcement
Since we have been getting several inquiries regarding migration from Snare to NXLog, we thought it was time we put together a comprehensive comparison article. There are several superior features in the NXLog Enterprise Edition that supersede their counterparts in the Snare Enterprise Agent and that may serve as an impetus to consider migrating from Snare to NXLog. Some major benefits:
- Support for virtually any OS and SIEM
- Support for writing in multiple industry-standard formats
- Comprehensive output format, auditing and log processing features
- Comprehensive agent networking support, including failover support
- Lightwieght footprint and easy configuration
Check out our blog article to view the full comparison chart and learn more.
We are glad to inform you that we are expanding our integration with Microsoft Azure and now you can send data to and receive logs from the Azure Event Hubs where it can be transformed and stored by using any real-time analytics provider or batching/storage adapters.
See the full documentation here.
Sentinel is Microsoft’s security information event management (SIEM), which is offered as a service within Azure. Because of its presence within Azure and close integration with other Azure services, Microsoft refers to Sentinel as "a scalable, cloud-native, and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution."
NXLog can be configured as an agent for Sentinel, collecting and forwarding logs to its Log Analytics workspaces by following the steps described in this article.
If your organization is preparing its financial plans for 2021 and you need assistance in budgeting NXLog, please reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.
Top Social Media Chatter October
- Using NXLog as a tool for your monitoring suite
- A discussion on how to keep logs/Events from Domain Controllers - comment
- NXLog is mentioned as a solution for multiple grok filter - comment
- FireEye mentions NXLog in their Helix tutorial - "Windows Event Streaming Using FireEye Endpoint and Helix"
- A retweet of setting up LogPoint SIEM to collect and analyze Windows logs is a breeze (NXLog Partner)