Industrial Control Systems (ICS) are frequent targets for cyberattacks, and according to security research, the scale of the problem has significantly grown in the past few years. Since ICS controls important facilities, potential risks related to security breaches include not only financial loss or reputational damage, but also threats to the safety of workers, or the population at large.
Log monitoring is crucial to prevent security breaches and NXLog Enterprise Edition brings the reliability, flexibility, and ease of use in log collection known in other IT areas to the ICS world.
Join us on December 9 for a 25-minute webinar in which we'll discuss:
- The importance of log collection in industrial systems
- ICS/SCADA log sources: Windows Event Log, files, and more
- Passive network monitoring without performance drop with NXLog EE and its im_pcap module
- Ready to use Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) integrations prepared by the NXLog team
- ICS protocols implemented, including Modbus, Bacnet, and others
The webinar will be followed by a Q&A session, so please bring your queries to be discussed.
Windows security auditing can provide visibility into actions performed on your servers. It allows you to track who is accessing the server and making changes to files, registry keys, and processes. This is especially important on file servers, or servers where sensitive data is stored. Auditing may be required to meet compliance regulations like PCI DSS, SOX, and HIPAA. It also helps you to mitigate potential threats and reduce the risk of a data breach.
Windows audit events are logged in the Windows Security event log. Many events are logged in the Security event log, however, with NXLog you can collect events selectively and tag events according to their type, making them easier to identify when filtering events in a SIEM or log analytics platform
Learn how to configure Windows auditing and how to collect Windows auditing events. Read guide.
NXLog can integrate with Elastic Cloud by sending logs over HTTPS and provides several benefits over using Elastic Beats as a data shipper, such as:
- A single NXLog agent installation includes full functionality to collect, process, and forward any type of logs. It can be configured as an end-to-end solution, collecting and sending logs directly to Elastic Cloud
- NXLog offers an extensive list of input modules that can collect logs from sources not supported by Elastic Beats and an equally extensive list of extension modules is available for parsing and transforming logs in different formats.
- And last but not least, NXLog is a mature solution that is robust and fit for production environments.
DHCP can generate numerous critical events that indicate your network’s security has been compromised.
You might then wonder how you can use these events to safeguard your organization from intrusion. Well, these event logs store valuable information that contain the ID and IP address associated with each client. This means that closely monitoring and correlating these logs can reveal when unknown devices have joined your network. This helps to make detection and response time practically immediate in combating any masquerading attackers. Not to mention, it significantly minimizes the impact of an attack.
Learn more about DHCP server logging.
3 important features you can have with the NXLog Enterprise Edition over the NXLog Community Edition
Without a doubt, NXLog Community Edition’s myriad of impressive features can benefit any organization. However, your particular industry might need some additional features or modules that are only available with the NXLog Enterprise Edition, including:
- Having the advantage of connecting your agents to NXLog Manager, a web-based application that can manage and monitor thousands of NXLog agents remotely
- Having the possibility to get dedicated technical support
- Can integrate with your custom log processing scripts
If your organization is preparing its financial plans for 2022 and you need assistance in budgeting NXLog, please reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.
Top Social Media Chatter November
- IBM released docs for collecting logs from Windows using NXLog CE - Read docs
- Reddit discussion where NXLog gets recommended for forwarding Windows Event Log - See thread
- Tutorial on how to configure the Graylog agent on Windows using NXLog - See tutorial
- NXLog recommended as reliable and stable Windows log collector - Read discussion