dbi encoding problem

I am having this weird encoding problem. I am exporting utf8 characters into a local mysql table. when i export from nxlog into a file the characters seem ok. when i switch to dbi export its jiberish. i tried debugging the queries from mysql into a log to check if the characters arrive in the db intact and the characters seem fine there. collation in mysql is utf8. any ideas?

AskedJune 28, 2015 - 10:26pm

$Servicename not population


I am having an issue with the Program name not population with anything on our syslog server.  The service name is just blank.  Below is my config file.  Am I missing something?


AskedJune 25, 2015 - 3:17pm

"Input file does not exist"

I am using the following im_file configuration to try to collect Windows DHCP Server logs:

## Input module for Microsoft DHCP server audit logs
<Input dhcp>
    Module im_file
    File "C:\\Windows\\System32\\Dhcp\\DhcpSrvLog-*.log"
    SavePos TRUE
    PollInterval 180
    Exec to_syslog_bsd();

AskedJune 25, 2015 - 1:37pm

Crash when using TCP Output

I'm currently using the TCP output of NXLog (v2.9.1347) to ship Windows Server 2008 R2 eventlogs to Logstash (v1.4.2) in JSON format; lately I found that NXLog crashes if Logstash has been unavailable for some time and then became available, although it ships a few logs before crashing.

This event is logged in the eventlog:

AskedJune 20, 2015 - 9:07pm