We are happy to report, the next release of NXLog Enterprise Edition v5 is now available.
The version 5.3 fixes issues and brings news functionality. The most noteworthy improvements are summarized below.
- im_pcap now supports parsing the IEC-61860 protocol
- The http input and output modules can now do compression
- The http input and output modules support NXLog's own binary format for structured log transmission
- Added support for Apple Silicon M1 and macOS BigSur.
- Improved the macOS Unified Logging System input module.
- New output module called om_azure for sending data to Azure Log Analytics workspaces used by Microsoft Azure Sentinel and Azure Monitor.
- Various improvements to observability in xm_admin
If you have feedback, would like to see additional improvements, reach out to us.
Download a fully functional trial version of NXLog Enterprise Edition 5.3 here.
* 2021-04-13 5.3.6720  Implemented uid_to_name() and gid_to_name() cache  Implemented native ULS logging module im_maculs for macOS  Fixed flow control issue triggered by unused processor modules in the configuration  Cleaned up pointers used for storing data  Implement reconnect() procedure in network output modules  Implement support for returning route and extension module information in xm_admin  Fixed a crash bug in xm_admin triggered by unresolvable connection address  Fixed a crash in xm_resolver  Fixed a file corruption issue when compressed streams are used together with file rotation  Fixed an assertion error in im_maculs triggered by calling module_restart() procedure  Fixed memory leak in processor modules caused by nxlog starting with a full logqueue  Fixed an assertion error in xm_resolver triggered by im_linuxaudit used with ResolveValues TRUE  Fixed a valgrind reported uninitialized value in im_linuxaudit_connect()  Implemented multiple input address support in network input modules  Implemented failover support in xm_admin Connect mode operation  Implemented NXLog Binary Protocol over HTTP in im/om_http  Implemented correct timestamp scaling factor for Apple M1 CPU  Fixed a crash triggered by a debug dump happening while nxlog is busy resolving domain names  Fixed a bug in im_internal causing runaway CPU use even when not connected to a route  Implemented IEC-61860 protocol parser in im_pcap  Refactored int8_t into portable nx_int8_t because of platform differences  Retired and removed UDS socket support from xm_admin  Fixed a flow control error in im_systemd  All modules and binaries are now stripped  Fixed a memory leak in xm_multiline  Fixed an assertion failure on permission denied in im_file  Improved error message about FlushLimit deprecation  Fixed error handling for error ORA-12514 in im_odbc  Fixed pm_buffer error causing buffer_count() to always return 0  Fixed a memory leak in xm_python  Fixed an Windows specific im_tcp performance issue  Fixed a segmentation fault triggered by low StringLimit  Implemented om_sentinel for sending events to Microsoft Azure Sentinel  Fixed a crash in om_raijin triggered by missing raw_event field  Fixed a crash in om_http triggered by missing raw_event field  Implement pushing executable files in xm_admin  Fixed im_linuxaudit warnings about unknown field types  Fixed file descriptor leak in im_maculs  Fixed an error in xm_admin resulting in missing response body when prameter parsin fails  Implemented TCP connection statistics in xm_admin  Fixed "zlib compression error(0)" in om batchcompress with certain BufferSize values  Implemented logging of response data on http errors in om_elasticsearch  Implemented route and extension information in xm_admin's serverinfo response  Fixed an error where SSL session was not started after TCP connection setup  Implemented reconnect() procedure in network output modules  Fixed "no space left on device" error when opening socket on Windows  Implemented support for multiple listen addresses in network modules  Changed im_redis to accept quoted string for Key directive  Fixed date handling issues on Redhat 8  Implemented multi-record JSON array output in om_http  Fixed om_sentinel memory leak with Proxy directive  Fixed multiple unkown data type errors in im_maculs  Fixed an assertion caused by a large getlog call in xm_admin  Fixed incorrect escaping in om_raijin  Fixed a memory leak in xm_json  Changed Redhat RPM to depend on specific Redhat version  Changed macos package names to include CPU architecture  Enabled direct upgrade from nxlog-ce and trial packages  Set production name om_azure for the new Microsoft Azure Sentinel output module  Fixed a udp module statistics related assertion error in xm_admin  Implemented compression mode for http input and output modules  Fixed a crash in im_wseventing  Fixed an im_udp regression that broke xm_netflow