Enterprise systems generate an overwhelming amount of logs. These logs are managed and monitored by log management software for tasks such as obtaining data to help identify security breaches, maintaining security level of the highest standard within the organization, and more. This data is funneled through dedicated systems to intelligently consume the information in order to meet strategic business and IT goals. What these enterprises have in common is the recognition of benefits that are present when utilizing log management solutions.
These benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help companies, of any size or industry, protect networks and devices from malicious attacks or Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- Improve the management capability of data emanating from log events across numerous nodes.
- Intelligent use of IT resources to meet strategic business goals through centralized logging.
- Enhance the ability to meet information security infrastructure requirements such as the Accounting or Auditing portion of the AAA framework.
- Assist in the ability of the enterprise to meet regulatory compliance and obligations.
- And more.
As more enterprises continue to exist in data-heavy environments,
comprehensive log management solutions are now no longer an option, but a requirement.