An IBM QRadar WinCollect Alternative
Discover a superior substitute for WinCollect
NXLog Enterprise Edition
- Integrates with any SIEM
- Outstanding log collection capabilities from Windows, Linux, macOS, and more
- Fast, secure, and reliable
From its inception, NXLog Enterprise Edition was built as an efficient, multi-platform log collector. Check out the reasons we believe our feature-packed solution is an excellent alternative to WinCollect.
All-in-one centralized log management
WinCollect is a syslog event forwarder that only forwards events from Windows logs to QRadar. Whereas, NXLog Enterprise Edition is a centralized log collection solution that can collect any type of log from practically any system or source. NXLog can also act as a relay, forwarding logs to your SIEM or log analytics solution.
A single agent for everything
In addition to Windows support, NXLog Enterprise Edition provides support for every major operating system, including GNU/Linux, macOS, Solaris, AIX, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD. Moreover, NXLog can receive logs from network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls. Having a single agent for diverse log sources significantly reduces the administrative overhead.
Convert any log format to syslog easily
NXLog Enterprise Edition can process logs in any format, including CSV, JSON, and XML, and convert them to syslog. This is ideal for QRadar since it ingests Windows events in syslog format. Moreover, you can filter and enrich your logs with NXLog before forwarding them to Qradar. Processing logs at the source reduces unnecessary data, bandwidth, and operational costs.
Avoid being vendor-locked
IT environments are continuously evolving. So what happens when you need to send logs to another platform or start using a different SIEM solution? Unlike WinCollect, NXLog Enterprise Edition is platform-independent. It can integrate with any SIEM and multicast logs in different formats. For example, forward logs to IBM QRadar while simultaneously archiving raw events to low-cost storage.
Reliability and efficiency
- A lightweight agent with a low memory footprint
- Blazingly fast and scalable, can process over 100,000 EPS
- Failover support, message buffering, and memory and disk-based queues
Compression and security
- Encrypted data transfer with TLS/SSL
- Compression over the wire to reduce network bandwidth
- Protection of data at rest
- Dedicated module for capturing network traffic
- Specialized parsing for ICS protocols, including MODBUS, PROFINET, and BACNET
- Supports top vendors such as Schneider Electric, Siemens, and Yokogawa