Graylog Sidecar integration not working on a Windows 11 system
Currently, I have GrayLog running as a docker image on an unraid server. Everything is working well. I also have a MS Windows lab environment that I want to forward logs into Graylog with the help of nxlog. I followed the instructions at: https://docs.nxlog.co/userguide/integrate/graylog.html and I don't have any errors, but I also don't have any data. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this to determine where my issue is?
You have not given much to work with :)
I would go through the following steps:
- review nxlog.log to make sure it's not complaining about anything basic
- checking if the input modules are picking anything up (you can add an extra file output, and observe data being written there)
- checking if the output modules are able to send data (add im_mark to your route, this will send a message at regular intervals)
- capture a bit of network traffic to see if there is data flowing towards
- verify there is nothing eating packets:
- no firewall is dropping your packets
- in case of UDP doublecheck you are sending to the right place - UDP transport can act like a black hole when misconfigured
I could probably provide more specific help if you share your collection configuration and nxlog.log contents.