Industrial Control Systems (ICS) are frequent targets for cyberattacks, and according to security research, the scale of the problem has significantly grown in the past few years. Since ICS controls important facilities, potential risks related to security breaches include not only financial loss or reputational damage, but also threats to the safety of workers, or the population at large.
Log monitoring is crucial to prevent security breaches and NXLog Enterprise Edition brings the reliability, flexibility, and ease of use in log collection known in other IT areas to the ICS world. With NXLog EE, ICS, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, can be monitored in the same, consistent way as servers, databases, and workstations, improving the safety level and helping in alignment with security compliance.
In this 25-minutes webinar, Rafal will talk about:
- The importance of log collection in industrial systems
- ICS/SCADA log sources: Windows Event Log, files, and passive network data
- Passive network monitoring without performance drop withNXLog EE and its im_pcap module
- Ready to use Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) integrations prepared by the NXLog team
- ICS protocols implemented in NXLog EE, including Modbus, Bacnet, and others
Rafal Jakubowski, PhD