We are happy to announce the release of NXLog Enterprise Edition v4.6
Our team has worked on and solved 69 issues to reach this milestone.
This release is mostly about minor functionality improvements and bug fixes. The highlights:
- PUB/SUB support in redis modules
- Updated FlowControl implementation and documentation
- Numerous fixes in our LEEF parser
- Plugged a few small memory leaks
See the changelog below.
* 2019-11-19 4.6.4640  Updated librdkafka to 1.1.0 on Windows.  Fixed an issue where xm_leef would stop processing data with a "binary operation failed" error message.  Fixed a memory corruption in xm_soapadmin caused by module variables.  Fixed error causing nxlog-processor to hang on exit  Added om_raijin for real  Added support for PUB/SUB communication to im_redis and om_redis  Fixed malformed SSL error message on SLES 15  Fixed an error causing PAUSED modules to ignore connection attempts  Configuration check (-v) does not require -f on Windows any more  Fixed an error causing nxlog.log not to be recreated after log rotation  Added support for a non-standard message (Response packet ... does not match any outstanding query) in xm_msdns  Added support for parsing hex flags in Windows DNS Server log files  Fixed memory leak in xm_asl  Fixed memory leak in xm_charconv  Fixed memory leak in xm_filelist  Fixed memory leak in pm_evcorr  Added field count validation to parse_leef()  Fixed an IIS access log parsing error in xm_w3c  Fixed slow TLS negotiation in im_batchcompress  Fixed an issue with parsing timestamp and host name in parse_leef()  Added ReadTimeout directive to control the time nxlog-processor will wait for additional data before exiting  Added proper remapping of severity between NXLog's internal values and standard LEEF values in to_leef()  Fixed getLog and getFile operations in xm_admin and in xm_soapadmin to gracefully handle ASCII NULL characters in files  Reimplemented LEEF delimiter character configuration  Fixed librdkafka compilation issue with OpenSSL 1.0.2s on Windows  Fixed a crash in nxlog-processor when debug logging was on with a high number of ActiveFiles  Added log queue to im_internal to fix nxlog start up error under docker  Updated install procedure for MacOS Catalina read-only system volume  Fixed a parsing error under high throughput conditions when using multiple instances of xm_leef  Fixed config cache memory leak  Fixed memory leak in xm_kvp  Fixed a segfault in escape_json()  Fixed memory leak in im_ssl  Fixed a segmentation fault caused by calling nxlog_version()  Fixed error causing xm_rewrite to interfere with follow-up Exec statements  Fixed typo resulting in confusing error message in om_udpspoof  Unified and documented FlowControl behaviour